Some Commercial Fees Waived due to COVID-19
In support of the critical resupply chain, the fees associated with Deh Cho Bridge Toll permits, special permits, overweight permits, and over-dimensional permits are set to $0 until further notice.

New Registration Permit

Any commercial vehicle registered outside of the NT over 4,500 KG will require a registration permit to operate in the Northwest Territories.

A registration permit can be purchased for a period of up to 12 months.

To get a registration permit, you will need the following vehicle information:

  • Licence Plate Number
  • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)

If the vehicle was previously registered, the system may provide you with the option to renew your prior registration permit.

  1. Client

    • Client must be an organization.
    • Client must NOT be from the Northwest Territories.
    • The client must have an NSC number (if required) contact Harris Beaulieu at (867) 767-9088 extension 31181 to verify if a NSC number is required or not.
    • User must have the security role to issue permits (Role of Administrator, Permit Agent or Vehicle Manager).


    • Vehicle must have an active registration in the client's home jurisdiction.
    • Registered weight must be between 2,500 and 63,500 KG.
    • Vehicle must be in good standing.