La version française sera disponible bientôt.
Si vous voulez ces informations en français, contactez-nous : 1-844-DMV-GNWT / 1-844-368-4698

New Registration Permit

Any commercial vehicle registered and base plated in another jurisdiction over 4,500 kg will require a registration permit to operate in the Northwest Territories.

A registration permit may be purchased for 1 to 12 months.

To obtain a new registration permit on a vehicle which has never been registered in the Northwest Territories, you will need the following information on the vehicle:

  • current plate
  • VIN

If the company has obtained a registration permit on the vehicle in the Northwest Territories in the past, the permit may be renewed through the renewal process (even if the registration permit has lapsed).

  1. Client

    • Client must be an organization.
    • NT client’s must have a Satisfactory or Satisfactory Unaudited status. If any other status, will not be able to proceed. Contact Harris Beaulieu at (867) 767-9088 extension 31181 to address NSC rating.
    • Must have an NSC number (if required) Contact Harris Beaulieu at (867) 767-9088 extension 31181 to verify if a NSC number is required or not.
    • Client must NOT be from the Northwest Territories
    • User must have security to issue permits. Role of Administrator, Permit Agent or Vehicle Manager.


    • Vehicle must have an active registration in the client's home jurisdiction.
    • Vehicle must be in good standing>